What Does Your Mum Mean To You?

Ever thought about this question? 

More than just the person who gave birth to me, my mother made the hard decision to keep me as her child, to bring me up despite all odds, to provide for me when I was unable to for myself, to keep the undesirable away from my life, to love me for who I am, and support me in the things I do.

Even when my mother was tight financially, she made sure I had enough, even if that meant having little left for herself. She took pains to argue and fight with me because she wanted me to grow up right and make what she believed were the right decisions. She sacrificed her most vibrant young adult years to be a good mother, while her friends were busy partying and travelling the world. 

She gave up her freedom for me, and in return, gained strength that she never knew she had. 

She's always there, picking up after us, giving love in the ways she know how, and often times, we overlook her efforts and take for granted these little things. 

It's Mother's Day, take time to show your mother that you appreciate her, and that you care. Although what we can do will never be enough to repay what they have done for us our entire lives, let them know that we love them nevertheless.

Thank you Mummy, for everything you have done for me, and for always being such a supportive mum. I may not be the most expressive daughter around, but please always know that I love you. You will always be the person who made me, me. And that means a lot to me. 

Happy Mother's Day, Mummy! 


Comments

Popular Posts