Review: Dorra Slimming - Woodlands Civic Centre Experience

What do women want? 

For me, it's a spanking career I'm in love with, a hot doting husband I'm madly in love with, and a body everyone else would be in love with.

I'm trying hard to work towards the third one, with my main focus being on my lower body. It's like if I lose weight my top half of the body loses weight first (that includes my chest area), but the tummy hip and thighs stay put. I have to attribute that to me being female. Because of the higher estrogen levels in my body, we tend to store more fat in the lower body for biological "child-bearing" purposes.

So I've been doing jumping jacks and looking to buy a skipping rope in Taipei. Being a woman who's not physically too exercise-active, of course I'm always looking for more comfortable ways to lose those inches. I'm sure you have done the same. So what have I tried again this time?

I have to say I've never heard of dorra Slimming before, so when I found out that they have been around for a few years, I needed to see for myself who they are and what they can do.

dorra is a tummy, hip and thigh slimming expert using technology from France, and they can help deal with fats that you've been carrying with you since young, newly acquired, or post-natal. 

They have 6 outlets across Singapore, and I went to the one at Woodlands Civic Centre. I've lived in Woodlands for the most part of my life, and I had no idea they were there. I really need to go out and walk around more. 

When I went I was first brought into a consultation room. The consultation explained to me about how triglycerides and fat cells work, and I was horrified to relearn the fact that fat cells can only expand up to 3 times it's size before they multiply, and once they multiply they can never be gotten rid of (unless you go for liposuction to physically suck them out, but it's highly invasive and post-op care is also very mafan, so I wouldn't recommend it).

What dorra's treatments claim to do is they will help to make the fat cells smaller by applying a booster gel onto your targeted areas. This gel consists of microcolecules which are able to penetrate deep into your skin to reach and burn excess fats, and it helps to reactivate lipase activity. Lipase basically is an enzyme in our body that helps to break down lipids (fats). 

They will then use a "Hammer Roll" massage to help increase blood circulation and absorption of the booster. It also softens the fat so that it can be more easily broken down and flushed out of your body by means of your body's natural wastes. 

At the end of the session they will apply an "Oxy Gel" to help your body with the metabolism of the fats.

These are all the boosters available. They will pick one most suitable for your needs.

After the consultation, my body fat analysis was taken using a body composition analyser. This thing helps to let you know about ur BMI, percentage of muscle fat, protein and body fat, water and salt content, as well as your waist hip ratio, amongst other important indicators for weight loss so you have an idea of how much and what you need to work on.

I was then brought into the treatment room and my measurements were taken. A picture of my targeted area (tummy) was also taken so that I could see the difference later on.

I was told to lie down and feel my love handles before and after the treatment. Before they felt just...fat and hard. Lol. And my left side was a little bigger than my right. And after the treatment when I touched them again they were like really soft and tender! They really meant it when they said their treatments could "soften my fats"! 

I was surprised to find that the treatment only took about *20-30 minutes, and it wasn't cold or wet or uncomfortable. In fact I was replying emails and messages with my phone for a while and before I knew it treatment was done! 

*Your first session would take 90 minutes due to consultation and taking measurements. Subsequent treatments will only take about 20-45 minutes, depending on whether u wish to shower after. =)

The most amazing part? They said one session can burn 600-2400 kilocalories, and is equivalent to a 10km run! O.O Give me this treatment anytime! 

And now for the embarrassing tummy pictures. Don't judge me. I had a lot of parties, dinners and gatherings for Xmas and before I flew to Taiwan cos I have many friends who love me, and I'm doing my best to drop the fats now. ><

So fat omg. But do you see the difference after one session??? 

You can expect to lose 14-30cm in 2 weeks. But here's a tip for you: if you wish to lose weight and decide to sign up, go every day if you can, or at least 4 times a week. Drink loads of water so you can flush out the fats, and be strict with your diet. Give yourself 2 weeks. 

All slimming centres can help you lose weight, but if you eat char kway teow and loads of nonsense while going to slimming centres hoping they can do magic for you, you won't see any results. *duh* What they can do is help you break down your existing fats. You need to do your part to hep burn them even after your session is done, for optimum results.

Exclusively for my readers: 
Get a complimentary detailed body composition analysis done, just like the one I did, and get a FREE Customised French Formulated Slimming Treatment worth $300. It's the same one I did. =) 

All you need to do is call the dorra hotline +65 68818181 and quote "Silver" to make your appointment!

I know Chinese New Year is coming next. Jiayou and you can look good for CNY! 
Good luck with your slimming programme!



Comments

Popular Posts